Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap Day Smoothie...Gone Wrong





Happy Leap Day!


In today's honor, I decided to give tiredness the boot. I decided to ignore last night's abnormal sleep schedule and leap (ha!) into all the wonderful things this day had in store. After a quick breakfast of yogurt, homemade granola, and berries - I took Lucie for a fun little visit with her Great-Nana Zella (who Lucie is middle-named after) and Aunt Lisa. 

After our visit, I brought Lucie home to nap. Rather than nap with her, I decided to take advantage of the free time (if such a thing exists anymore!). I leapt into a devotion from a book my loving mother-in-law had given me. Feeling good! I leapt into a yoga workout in our living room. Feeling healthy! I leapt into a conversation with my neighbor's cat, Marley, through our living room window. Feeling neighborly! And weird...

Anyway, with all these wonderful feelings leaping around inside of me...I decided to harness my unbridled momentum and make a green smoothie! Green smoothies, in all their splendor, are extremely trendy at the moment - especially if you use the current celebrity of leafy vegetables: kale. They are an easy and delicious way to incorporate nutrient-packed greens into one's diet - and during late pregnancy, my sweet husband hefted me (yes, hefted - no leaping then...) onto the trendy bandwagon. So yes, a green smoothie would be just lovely on this Leap Day! Right?

I should have taken a nap with Lucie. Here's how it went down.

I gathered my ingredients. Kale. Spinach. Baby carrots. Strawberries. Mango. Papaya. Banana. Vanilla soy milk. Ice. A wooden spoon.

A wooden spoon. The utensil of my downfall. Apparently, using the spoon to shove the smoothie ingredients closer to the blades can...well...have consequences...

...for the spoon...
...for the ceiling...


...for just about everything!

Oh well...when all else fails, there's always Fruity Bunnies...and Leap Day naps... :)


Figuring it out - one mess at a time,












"The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and He helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise Him." Psalm 28:7


P.S. Be sure to stop by tomorrow for my first "Thrifting Thursday!"

3 comments:

  1. haha. oops...forgot to add that to the smoothie making training manual...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :/ I know! We need you around here during the day!!! :) xoxo

      Delete
  2. Ha ha! So funny! Thanks for the laugh Jules... the pics are hysterical! xxoo Auntie Chris

    ReplyDelete