Saturday, March 3, 2012

Mama & Baby Gift Ideas!

Happy Saturday, Friends!

Before I begin, I must say - endorsing products in not one of the main purposes of this blog. However, as I was reading to Lucie from a cute little book my mom gave me - I realized that it would be a wonderful new mama gift idea! So, I'd like to share it (as well as a few others) with you. 

Oh, by the way, the authors of these books and creators of these products don't know me from Adam. They have NO idea I'm endorsing their creations. These are just things I have really loved, as a new mama. Just in case you were wondering! 

Here we go!

1) The Little Big Book for Moms edited by Lena Tabori & Alice Wong

My mom gave me this book when I was pregnant for my first "Pre-Mother's Day!" It is SO stinkin' cute I can barely handle it! It compiles famous fairy tales, stories, songs, recipes, activities, games, nursery rhymes and poetry for moms and children. It will transport you to your childhood faster than you can say "Pat-a-Cake!" Also, they have "The Little Big Book" for Dads, Grandmothers, Cats, America, Boys, Animals, Love, Life, California, Roses, Brides, and more. NO kidding. Such an adorable gift - thanks, Mom! You can find it here.







2) Prayer Starters for Busy Moms by Tracy Klehn 

My mother-in-law gave me this book and it has been such a blessing! Sometimes, in the thick of cleaning-feeding-diaper-changing-feeding-not-showering-feeding-loving-a-baby, its hard to find time to pray, know how to pray, or know what to pray (other than S-O-S!). Essentially, I become spiritually tongue-tied. Well, for me, this book is has been a huge help. It has short, quick devotions and "prayer starters" to help a busy mama incorporate "scriptural prayer" into all aspects of her life. A great (and for me, necessary!) gift! Thanks, Sue! You can find it here.


























3) Rainy Day Onesie & Oh My! Onesie by Baby Neo

My sister's thoughtful boyfriend, Matt, brought this cute-as-can-be Rainy Day onesie to Lucie at his last visit (Emily, he's a keeper - put a ring on it!). I flipped out at its adorable-ness. It is made by Baby Neo, a San Diego-based eco-friendly clothing company. Their products are quite pricey, $22 for a onesie (so I only bought one - but, it is to die for! See below...). This is one of those situations, though, where the quality and responsible production practices warrant the extra bucks, if you have them. You can read more about Baby Neo's philosophy here. Made in the USA, yo!

Lucie will now model the Rainy Day (find it here) & Oh My! (find it here) onesies for you. I'd like to say that they run small, but our sweet 11-week old baby just runs big...if you know what I mean! She's wearing Rainy Day in 3-6 month size...a bit snug, but still cute. The Oh My! onesie is 12-18 month...a little big, but at the rate she's growing, I'm sure it will fit her perfectly by next week. :)


"Rain, Rain, Go Away!"

"Lions, and Tigers, and Bears, OH MY!"



Happy Gifting!


No comments:

Post a Comment