Thursday, March 29, 2012

Thrifting Thursday: Vintage Books & Candlestick Holders

Fabulous Finds: Vintage Books & Glass Candlestick Holders

From: Candlestick Holders at Goodwill. Books at Goodwill/Garage Sale/Local Book Store Sale Bin

Cost: Candlestick Holders: $8 total ($4 each) // Books: $20-ish total (About $2 per book)

What I love: Some of these books are "First Editions" - wonderful finds for only $2! Some are in great condition, some are not...but I enjoy imagining how many other people have held these books before I did! As for the candlestick holders - well, they are just plain gorgeous. I love the color, and they look beautiful even without candles in them. I don't know much about where they came from or who made them (they could be from Target, for all I know - thought I suspect they are not!)...so if anyone out there recognizes these or can give me more information about them, please let me know! 

Beautiful!
So interesting!

Published in 1902!
"To Miss Philopina, from Jenkins. Oct. 1904" - in Rhymes and Roundelays from "Life"

So neat! I just wish I knew the story of Miss Philopina and Jenkins! Were they friends? Secret lovers? Teacher and student? Was Jenkins, Miss Philopina's mailman?? The possibilities are endless!

One of my favorite books to look at is: Front Page / 100 Years of the Los Angeles Times. It is just what it says - the front page of every Los Angeles Times issued between 1881-1981. It is just fascinating! I paid $2.50 for this!
December 7-8, 1941...chilling!  
Not a great photo...but this book is very pretty!
"Miss Lillian Korber, Birthday Greetings, June, 1916"
Written in Strength for Today: A Beautiful Compilation of Thoughts for my Friend
Amen, Mr. Lincoln!

Happy Thrifting!


No comments:

Post a Comment