Thursday, March 15, 2012

Thrifting Thursday: Everyday Dishes


Thrifting Treasure: Almost complete set of everyday dishes (I loaned some to my sister, so the photo above shows less than what I had originally purchased)

Found: Goodwill

Cost: $39.99!

Reason Bought: A few months before our wedding, I moved into the apartment that John and I would soon be sharing. We had registered for "nice" everyday dishes at Crate & Barrel, but they wouldn't be arriving for a while. Empty cupboards yielded a need for something to eat off of. You'd think my joblessness would've meant I went with paper plates...but, $39.99 seemed like a very worthy bargain. We've definitely gotten our money's worth over the past three years!


I very much like the simple black and white design...I might've registered for a similar pattern had it been available around the time of our wedding. We actually use these MUCH more often than our "nice" C&B everyday dishes! And the wonderful price means it's not the end of the world if they chip or break (we know from experience)...  




Drinking tea out of a cup and saucer is just so fancy...wouldn't you agree? Today, I readily embrace fanciness! Or imagined allusions of fanciness, anyway... 

Happy Thrifting!














P.S. Happy 3 Month Birthday, Lucie! WE LOVE YOU! (3 Month Photos Coming Soon!)

1 comment:

  1. I concur. I have some fancy tea cups that were my grandmother's and old plates that someone in my family brought back from Germany from the 1800's and I make sure to use them now and then because fancy things SHOULD be used! Scones look better on antique plates anyways. :) Love the pattern! 

    ReplyDelete