Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Pumpkin Patching

Happy Fall, everyone!


I'm feeling especially fall-ish today. Perhaps, it is because the temperature high is only in the 70's (thank the Good Lord!!!). Perhaps, it is because I am eating a slice of my mom's homemade apple pie at noon. Perhaps, it is is because I am eating two slices of my mom's homemade apple pie at noon. Ya...that must be the reason.

To officially welcome the autumn season, the Hubs and I took Babycakes to a pumpkin patch over the weekend! We decided to go to Tanaka Farms in Irvine. Why all the way to Irvine? Because the place is humongous and rustic and dusty and beautiful and if Charlie Brown's Great Pumpkin really existed...it would probably live there. That's why. 

Side note: If you want to know where "hipster" college students go to pick out pumpkins...go here. Never have I seen so many TOMS shoes-wearing, skinny jean be-decked millenials with pumpkins in hand (whereas having a child automatically throws us into the "you've become slightly dorky and might not be able to pull off those skinny jeans anymore" category). It was quite a sight to see! 

Also, we didn't even buy a pumpkin here. Woops! My parents grew a perfect pumpkin at their house that they had brought us a few days before...so our trip to Tanaka was basically a photo op (and a fun, new experience!). I mean, come on. We have a new-ish baby. Everything is a photo-op.

On that note...here are some photos...enjoy!





She started out generally confused by everything...









Then, we let her sit IN the pumpkin patch...and she loved it! 






Confused again... 

Kind of getting it...

Nope, still pretty confused... 

It was a gorgeous day! But, a little windy...

Wee!!!


Lulu...distracted in a family photo? That's odd...


We had a great time! Thanks, Tanaka Farms! :)



1 comment:

  1. Hey you guys!   Tanaka Farms is only about three miles from home here in Irvine.   Next time you are in our neck of the woods.....
    My cell phone is 949-735-3260.
    Make my new iPhone 5 ringaling.  

    Great Aunt Becky 

    ReplyDelete